International Football Fiesta Forum 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you recognize your national anthem?

3 posters

Go down

Can you recognize your national anthem? Empty Can you recognize your national anthem?

Post by Admin Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Do you know what your national anthem is called?
Do you know any other national anthems?

Feel free to answer as many questions you like and expand on these, but please remember to stay on topic.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 102
Team & Location : Knowsley, Liverpool
Registration date : 2008-04-18

http://www.LKsoccertournament.com/

Back to top Go down

Can you recognize your national anthem? Empty Re: Can you recognize your national anthem?

Post by Pendo Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:56 pm

I can recognise the British National Anthem when I hear it, but I have no idea what the words are. I don't think British people, especially here up North, are particularly patriotic enough to know it. My friend from down south thought it was awful that I did not know the National Anthem, but NONE of my northen friends do. We've established that people are more patriotic down south, they have to learn it in school but I've never heard of any schools up North teaching their children the National Anthem. I kinda agree with my friend though, I guess I should know it?
Pendo
Pendo

Number of posts : 30
Team & Location : Liverpool, UK
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Can you recognize your national anthem? Empty Re: Can you recognize your national anthem?

Post by Admin Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:42 pm

I don't think it's a necessity to know our national anthem, but it's good to know for cultural purposes, or in case anybody questions it. I also recognise the tune, but doubt that I could recite all of the words.

I think it's quite poor that all schools over Britain are not taught the national anthem for our country/nation as it gives the impression that we are not proud of being British when we should be!

Dan, maybe you should learn and sing the British national anthem proudly for us in the Football Fiesta opening ceremony? Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendo Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:52 pm

Admin wrote:Dan, maybe you should learn and sing the British national anthem proudly for us in the Football Fiesta opening ceremony? Laughing

Have you heard me sing!? I'd clear the stadium!! Rolling Eyes
Pendo
Pendo

Number of posts : 30
Team & Location : Liverpool, UK
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ste penn Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:26 pm

I'm sure you wouldn't. I know some of it because I follow the England Rugby team and I join in with the National Anthem at home on the coach with a nice glass of coke.

ste penn

Number of posts : 46
Team & Location : Whiston, Liverpool
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Pendo wrote:Have you heard me sing!? I'd clear the stadium!! Rolling Eyes

Haha! Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum