International Football Fiesta Forum 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Famous people?

4 posters

Go down

Famous people? Empty Famous people?

Post by Admin Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Can you name some famous people from your country?
Do you know why these people are famous?

Feel free to answer as many questions you like and expand on these, but please remember to stay on topic.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 102
Team & Location : Knowsley, Liverpool
Registration date : 2008-04-18

http://www.LKsoccertournament.com/

Back to top Go down

Famous people? Empty Re: Famous people?

Post by Fletch Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:01 am

two really famous ppl from my country are Terry Fox and Steve Nash. Steve Nash is a bball player tht used to live where i live and go to the same school as i do now. He plays for the Phoenix Suns and is point guard.
Terry Fox attempted to run across Canada with only one leg to raise $ for cancer reserch.

Fletch

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Fletch wrote:Terry Fox attempted to run across Canada with only one leg to raise $ for cancer reserch.

That sounds very challenging, but also very heroic! Do you know if he managed to complete it and raise any money for charity at all?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:03 am

yes he raised TONS of money but he had to quit halfway through because the cancer had spread to his lungs. He ended up dieing because of it but he is still very famous in Canada and there is a run to raise money and in his honor every year

Fletch

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendo Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Fletch wrote:yes he raised TONS of money but he had to quit halfway through because the cancer had spread to his lungs. He ended up dieing because of it but he is still very famous in Canada and there is a run to raise money and in his honor every year

Wow that is a very brave and heroic man. It must have took a lot of will power to run that race for such a good cause. That's a TRUE celebrity. I hate celebrities who are only famous because they appeared on reality TV and haven't achieved anything real in their life.
Pendo
Pendo

Number of posts : 30
Team & Location : Liverpool, UK
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:47 pm

I agree, Dan. Especially people that appear on Big Brother! They become famous overnight because they are "freaks of nature" that got through an audition process. Of course Big Brother are going to use the most lame, annoying, dumb, strange, weird and wacky people - it's TV entertainment and all they are interested in is making money!

The people that deserve fame are those that work hard for it and achieve it with a good reason, not those who apply for it just for the sake of being on television. Fake! Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ste penn Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:28 pm

R.I.P Terry Fox

What a great man.

ste penn